leakitis

I went to costco today to pick up a few things. We were done with check out and headed out the door when Em announced she had to GO. I could tell that she needed prompt attention from the wiggly dancing she was doing so I did a 180 and weaved to the back corner of the store as quickly as I could pushing the overloaded cart. There was a line up of carts to use the facilities so I had to ditch my cart with the buddy inside and trust in the fellow mother of 3 to keep and eye on him. Meanwhile Em and I (plus the mothers daughter) ran to the front of the line banking on some mercy for a dancing 3 year old… all went well.

We were heading back out of the store when I had to stop… oh no… I turned back to look at the line. I just couldn’t go wait in that line plus I was pretty sure it was too late already. I slowed down my pace and continued walking towards the door in sort of a duck walk.

Maybe no one will notice.

I had plenty of stuff I needed to load in the car. It was hot outside but I think I was sweating for another reason. There was a line up of cars through the parking lot waiting for spots. In other words, I had an audience. I tried bending over as carefully as possible to get the massive package of toilet paper from the bottom rack of the cart. I took a sneak peak… yup, bright red! Darn it!

Sigh, I guess my other 200 errands will have to wait.

What can I say?? I have leakitis.

Bummer.

6 comments on leakitis

1. Katie
    June 13, 2007 at 4:18 pm (10 years ago)

I think “leakitis” is one of my worst fears. At least now, as an adult, I could drive myself home and do something about it. But I dreaded it in school! And I would never, ever, in a billion years write about it on my blog, hee hee!

2. Manda
    June 13, 2007 at 4:28 pm (10 years ago)

ok, so maybe I’m crazy!! But I figure most of you are women and most of you know me and most of you have had leakitis so who cares, right? Maybe I will regret publishing totally personal information to the world but right now I have a need to get it out of my system. I am declaring it to the world. I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!

3. Melody
    June 13, 2007 at 4:53 pm (10 years ago)

How miserable, first leading up to and then it comes! I am still struggling with acne while pregnant. When will all of this womanly stuff end? After we’re through having babies, we get to go through menopause. I’d like to find a man tough enough to deal with what we do.

4. kerflop
    June 13, 2007 at 6:23 pm (10 years ago)

At least you didn’t have leakitis all over your mother in law’s brand new white carpet.

Yes. It happened to me. Surprised?

5. Mark
    June 14, 2007 at 8:24 am (10 years ago)

I think I am now done checking on your blog from time to time.

6. Manda
    June 14, 2007 at 1:44 pm (10 years ago)

jess- oh my!! I’m so sorry. You have the best of luck, don’t you.

mark- I am totally chuckling to my self. Haa. I tricked you into reading my blog. I never said my daily spewings about motherhood would be pleasant, clean or flowery.