My strange baby bump

If you were wondering why my Sept and Oct postings were so few and awful you can now say “Oh, that makes sense. She must have been busy puking her brains out!” or perhaps you’ll think, “Gosh, I had my suspicions!”

So yes, I’m expecting our forth baby. It’s so odd to make an announcement over the internet, I know, but there really is no other way. I’ve been putting it off because it seems so weird. I’m due around the end of May although I’m not expecting this baby to arrive until the first week of June according to my previous history of lateness. So that makes me 15 weeks right now and I’m feeling so much better now that I’m into my second trimester.

Since I’m on the subject, I have some crazy, wild pictures to share. Now remember, I’m only 15 weeks. Actually, I took these photos last week on Thanksgiving day so I was technically 14 wks and 4 days along. I’m not showing at all other than my expanding love handles due to so much snacking.

Let me give you some background. These pictures were taken in the morning right when I woke up. My stomach is empty and my bladder if FULL. I also slept on this particular night on my right side.

Please don’t be grossed out.

Photo0673

I tried to get multiple angles/shots for the full effect. I’m completely lopsided.

Photo0668

Now, this baby bump isn’t very big. It feels like I have a grape fruit in my abdomin. This isn’t the normal lopsided baby belly of 30+ weeks. I haven’t even felt the baby move yet. This bump has to be my uterus being pushed up from my full bladder…

because…¬†here’s the best part, when I get up, go to the ladies room, come back and lay back down…

Photo0674

GONE. Nothing left but some belly fat. My baby bump has disappeared into the depths of my pelvis, guts or whatever else is inside of me, hidden again until the next morning.

Crazy, eh? Have any of you experienced anything like this so early in your pregnancy?

8 comments on My strange baby bump

1. Lindsey
    November 30, 2011 at 11:06 am (3 years ago)

Congrats!!!! Super exciting! Never had the lopsided stomache, sorry I’m no help!

2. jodi
    November 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm (3 years ago)

That is crazy! I don’t think I would have believed you, had you not taken a picture. Wow! I got word a few months back through the family grapevine, but I’m not sure I ever officially congratulated you guys. I’m so excited for another little baby to squeeze when we all get together! Glad you’re feeling better.

3. Angela
    November 30, 2011 at 8:00 pm (3 years ago)

I saw your sister’s tweet and had to comment…I am expecting baby #4 as well. I always have a lopsided bump in the beginning…this time when I had a 20 week ultrasound it confirmed my suspicion that the placenta is on my right side. It makes sense that it would be uneven, as for a time the placenta is larger than baby, and it stays in one place even when baby floats about. But yeah..mine looked like that each time :)

4. ally
    November 30, 2011 at 9:44 pm (3 years ago)

That happens to me every pregnancy- it’s like the baby climbs up in your tummy at night and settles back in once you stand up. I think it just means you have some room in there :)

5. Jhari
    December 1, 2011 at 3:13 pm (3 years ago)

Wow! It happened to me with my 1st baby, but I was on my 7th mo already. My bump is either on the left or right in the morning. Depends on which side of the bed I lay myself to sleep.

But for you, it’s really amazing. And good thing that you were able to take a shot of it. TC and congratulations for your pregnancy.

6. carrie
    December 1, 2011 at 3:42 pm (3 years ago)

CONGRATULATIONS!! So excited for you all. Are we hoping for a brother for Isaac!

7. Inspiration Station
    December 3, 2011 at 11:38 pm (3 years ago)

Very exciting that you’re expecting #4!
    Mindy

8. happyscrapper
    December 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm (3 years ago)

Congratulations! Haven’t been on line in a while; had to catch up with you and yours; great news; Best Wishes and Merry Christmas in case I don’t make it back around. :0)